Holy cow....where is the time going?

Pregnancy Highlights
How far along: 36 weeks...+ 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: ok....geez....I'll give in - 26 pounds
Maternity Clothes: uh.....yeah - except my shoes and undergarments!
Best moment this week: the baby sprinkle last Saturday was so much fun and getting all of Jennings' clothes cleaned and put away and the doctor's appointment yesterday
Gender: It's a BOY - Merritt Jennings
Movement: everywhere....and I mean everywhere - I've got feet coming out of my far right side - I feel like he is wrapping himself around my back
Food cravings: chocolate;)
What I miss: bending over easily, walking around the neighborhood and up hills without feeling like I'm going to DIE, turning over in bed - its a turn-to-your-side, sit-up, flip-to-other-hip, lay-down, position-body-pillow-kind of maneuver.....takes a good 5 minutes at least!
Sleep: see above - although after I do all that I'm exhausted again so I easily fall back asleep
What I'm looking forward to: July 27th - 30th
Belly Button: it's almost flat
Symptoms: heartburn is popping up in the middle of the day now instead of just at night and lots of trips to the bathroom!
Yesterday I had my Group B strep test done so we'll know when I go into labor if I need an iv of antibiotics so it doesn't affect Jennings. I also asked the doctor when we'll know what position this baby is in and he said - 'hold on.....we'll find out right now!' So he immediately found his head with his hands - on the outside of my stomach;) - he is head down and there is a butt that flip flops from the right to the left side. He said it's very unlikely this late in the game that he could move into any other position since it's cramped in there. So at least he's in position - just not in the birth canal yet and sitting way too high up.
We are now going to weekly appointments and he will not even check to see if I'm making any progress until 39 weeks - which is fine by me because it's not the most pleasant of experiences! But hopefully I won't make it to that stage or maybe if I do he'll just send me into labor? *fingers crossed* I want Jennings to come when he is ready but my goodness, I'm not being a very patient mommy!
I also checked our waiting list situation earlier for a new house and it seems that everyone in our phase has been assigned a new house but not a move in date - so we'll just keep on waiting. Anyone want to place any bets on which will happen first - a baby or a house? I'm going with a baby.....of course;)
Hope everyone has a happy 4th of July! We have plans of cookouts with friends and a 4th of July parade in Solvang. Everyone be safe and have fun - oh and send some heat our way - we're still just in the upper 60's most days!





No comments:
Post a Comment