Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A little of this and that

This past weekend we were gearing up for our big trip to LA to see our favorite band Annuals play! First, on Friday, we were busy all day in the kitchen baking brownies, rice krispy treats and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for the band;O
Here you can see my little helper cleaning the dishes!
Annuals got to stop in Santa Maria for about half an hour to visit with Jackson since he was not old enough to go to the show. Uncle Nick got to chase Jackson around and burn some energy!
At the show....Definitely felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb being the only pregnant lady there - at least I got a seat!
Me and the ROCK STAR;)
Zack and Nick playing
More of the stage - it was so dark in there so I had to lighten the pictures a bit
We did find out right before the show that there was a famous actress there to see Annuals but no one knew for sure it was really her - but someone was brave enough to ask and sure enough it was Mila Kunis from That 70's Show and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Everyone was star struck and she is definitely a beautiful, teeny tiny little thing!
Sunday morning - after we said goodbye to Annuals as they headed east - me and Jeremy headed to my own paradise Ikea. I LOVE IKEA and I'm so glad it is in Burbank and way too far away to go to more than once or twice a year! We definitely could've done more damage but we contained ourselves - mostly!
After Ikea we drove into Hollywood to meet our friend Cory who we became friends with when he was in the Air Force stationed at FE Warren. He got out of the Air Force, married our friend Kristi that I worked with in Fort Collins, and they moved to Hollywood. They love it there but personally there is too much traffic and chaos for me in such a little space! We met for lunch at Saddle Ranch Chop House - complete with a mechanical bull in the middle of the restaurant - and then headed home to get our boy back! He was lucky enough to stay with Mac and they had a blast playing and going to Chuck E Cheese!

NOT related to this past weekend but a couple of weeks ago Jackson went running down our driveway....that is paved.....that is downhill.....and he stumbled and got his first REAL goose egg - it never bruised but it stayed like this for a little less than a week - and this was a few days after the incident.
I'll do a belly update post sometime soon - I've got to get a picture first! I can't believe we only have 10 more weeks to go! Time is flying and I haven't done ANYTHING to get prepared!

1 comment:

KStobie said...

Love that picture of Jackson! Poor baby. He's ALL BOY.