Monday, October 29, 2007

Bags are Packed!




We had what I was hoping to be our very last OB dr. appt. today, as Sunday the 4th is coming upon us! It was the first appt. for a cervical exam to see if I was dialated or if anything was going on. Our old neighbor, Adele, who was a Labor and Delievery nurse at our hospital had texted me this morning and she guessed I was 3 cm dialated, so joking with Dr. Braget while he was checking me I told him her prediction, and sure enough, she was right and I haven't seen her since June. So, much to all of our amazement, I'm 3 cm and 80% effaced and time is ticking like a bomb. We scheduled an induction on Friday, November 2nd at 5am and my parents fly in at 1 pm the same day. The only reason we scheduled early is so my parents will have enough time with Jackson and because I am already so far along, an induction should not cause any problems. However, we are all thinking that it is just a matter of a day or two until I'm in labor and at the hospital. I am having contractions but nothing painful yet....although I do have a high pain tolerance and have been having what I thought were Braxton Hicks contractions, which could have turned out to be the real thing, just not very consistent. So anyway, we are very excited. Mom is telling me to not do any activity, Adele is telling me to go for walks, and I'm running around crazy trying to make sure all the laundry is done, the house is clean, and we have everything in place for the big day. So, here are the 39 week pictures, maybe the last ones if I go into labor overnight, but I'll try to remember to take a belly picture the "day of" so we'll have one final shot! Wish us luck and we will keep everyone posted on all the excitement - believe me, we'll call when something happens!

*The hospital website on-line nursery is www.benefis.org. Go to patients and visitors and at the very bottom is the web nursery. The picture should show up a day or two after Jackson's arrival!*

1 comment:

Adele said...

WOOP, WOOP I new it!! I can't wait until the big day! I know that you'll do FANTASTIC!! Daren Braget MD will take such good care of you!!
Good luck Gore family 2 soon to be 3!
Love Ya,
Adele