Where has October, November and December gone? I can not believe that Christmas is less than a week away but it has been such a fun holiday season already with my boys. The Christmas tree was put up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but since some of the lights were out it didn't get decorated for at least another week. I bought extra lights and we waited for daddy to get home from his TDY to help us decorate. Jackson wanted to hang ALL of the ornaments on the tree......on the same limb. So while he decorate the same limb I grabbed as many ornaments as I could to fill in the rest of the tree.

In the beginning of December Uncle Nick came to visit. We joke because he was here less than 48 hours but at least he could come out. We ended up all being sick while he was here so it was a low key kind of visit. We did go up to Pismo Beach and San Luis Obispo Saturday afternoon and walked around. Bo LOVED sleeping with Uncle Nick on his air mattress.
Look at this happy almost 5 month old! He loves to lay right next to the tree and look at the lights and pull all the bows off the presents. He had his first taste of sweet potatoes this past weekend and LOVED it. I just wanted to see what he would do with real food so no more for a few weeks at least - we're sticking with our whole grain cereal.
These guys are really starting to bond and make each other laugh. Jennings adores watching his big brother and Jackson has become such a big help when I need him to be and even when I don't ask he is helping me. He is a great big brother!
And speaking of big boys.....I got serious about potty training about a week ago and it started out ROUGH. I was ready to give up and ship him off;) But we stuck with it. He had consequences for having accidents and rewards for going potty. I know everyone says not to punish them for having accidents but there was no other way for him to get it - he had toys taken away and play times shortened for accidents. If he goes potty he gets 2 skittles or gets to watch one TV show or help me do something fun.
I am happy to report that he woke up this morning completely dry after sleeping 12 hours and has gone on his own to the potty and 'made bubbles' - haha!(his daddy taught him that) He reports his successful potty'ing' to Chip - our Elf on the Shelf - so he can go tell Santa how big of a boy he is! It's really cute!

This next year is going to be so much fun with these boys and all the milestones they are hitting. I can't wait!





1 comment:
love the pic with jackson by the tree...well i love all the pics! your munchkins are growing up SO fast! I can't believe how much Jennings has grown! Good luck with the Potty training...I know you can do it! Maybe you should get some skittles too! :) Crina
Post a Comment