
Pregnancy Highlights
How far along: 38 weeks...+ 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: +28 pounds
Maternity Clothes: uh.....yeah - except my shoes and undergarments!
Best moment this week: Going to the doctor today and hearing the heartbeat and finding out that he is indeed head down and ready to go when the time comes!
Gender: It's a BOY - Merritt Jennings
Movement: everywhere....and I mean everywhere - I've got feet coming out of my far right side - I feel like he is wrapping himself around my back
Food cravings: anything sweet
What I miss: bending over easily, walking around the neighborhood and up hills without feeling like I'm going to DIE, turning over in bed - its a turn-to-your-side, sit-up, flip-to-other-hip, lay-down, position-body-pillow-kind of maneuver.....takes a good 5 minutes at least!
Sleep: see above - although after I do all that I'm exhausted again so I easily fall back asleep
What I'm looking forward to: July 27th - 30th
Belly Button: it's almost flat and kind of sticking out depending on what body part Jennings is poking out!
Symptoms: heartburn is popping up in the middle of the day now instead of just at night and lots of trips to the bathroom! Yesterday I had major contractions that started around 8 and lasted until 4. They were coming every 5-6 minutes and lasting between 40-60 seconds. These were definitely the real thing and it probably didn't help that I had to run errands and get all the items left on my 'hospital bag pack list' complete. I only felt a few contractions with Jackson so this was new.....and painful. I was really hoping all of that action would've resulted in a baby sometime soon.....like today......but Jennings has other plans and maybe he isn't done cooking. Luckily I slept like a rock last night, my body probably exhausted from all that action yesterday. So now we are OFFICIALLY ready to go - car seat is installed, bags are packed and I'm prepared now for a little pain - until I can get that epidural:)
On another note......we finally have a date and address to move into a new house on base! July 27th is the big day......which also happens to be the date I say I am 40 weeks and also is my next doctor's appointment. I told the nurse and doctor today that I hope I wouldn't be able to make it on that day......I want to have Jennings before then and I have to pack up my house and move a couple of blocks down the street. My parents are flying in on that Friday July 30th so it'll be a busy week to say the least. We are moving ourselves so hopefully we'll be able to round up a bunch of help because I will not be much help.....either 40 weeks preggo or just having had a baby! PLEASE let it be the latter!






1 comment:
I believe you have dropped (or should I say Jennings has dropped). That baby boy is definately low...won't be long now...we can't wait to get out there to see you all! Love, Mom
Post a Comment