Sunday, June 6, 2010

Macky's 3rd Birthday Party

Yesterday we celebrated Macky's 3rd birthday with a huge bash over at her house. We went a little early so Jackson could get a head start jumping in the bouncy house. When we first got there he wanted Macky to open her present right away so they could finally play with it - we're planning on going back over this week so they can.

*see that precious baby in the background with Alexis' mom - too cute!
Little Miss Princess had her castle bouncy house for 7 whole hours - I am pretty sure Jackson thought it would just be the 2 of them playing all day - boy he was in for a surprise when about 12 more kids showed up!
He would jump for a few minutes, get out, look in, and then jump right back in
Needless to say after 6 hours of jumping off and on and running around in the backyard with all the other kiddos he was worn out. We stayed until 6 or so and our house is literally a 2 minute or less drive down the street - he was passed out snoring before we got home. It probably helps that it was one of the warmest days we've had yet this year - in the mid 70's (I was burning up;) - and not a cloud in the sky. It was a great day for a party and we are supposed to have repeat weather today so I think we'll head to the beach!

On the potty training progress.......I have backed down majorly. Friday he stayed in undies and we went threw 4 outfits. I was at my wit's end so I put him in a pull up and we headed to the park in Santa Maria at 6pm to get out of the house, get some fresh air, and get out of each other's hair;) And what do ya know, he stayed dry the whole time we were at the park. He actually has stayed dry for longer periods of time since I quit trying so hard so maybe, just maybe, we might be getting somewhere. But I'm definitely not counting on it;) I just don't think he is completely ready yet, unfortunately for this MORE-THAN-READY mama!

1 comment:

Melissa Goodrich said...

Sometimes it all just comes together once you stop trying! These things are strange like that. Good job though Mommy - you have thought of everything. It will come... :)