Monday, May 24, 2010

Alexis' Baby Shower

Yesterday we hosted Alexis' baby shower at our house and it was a 'family friendly event.' Hubby's and kids were invited but of course the ladies took over the living room talking and opening gifts. The kids had a blast in the backyard and the boys....I mean hubby's took refuge in the driveway hanging out and drinking beer. Really they were only there to eat but they still had fun I guess?

Alexis opening her gifts - she got so much cute stuff for a boy since everything she has is so girly for Mac. Our good friend Janet makes these name plates for all the new babies' rooms and this one turned out beautiful!
Of course Mac got some little gifts for her becoming a big sister!
Some of the ladies and babies hanging out - definitely can not WAIT to move into a newer, bigger, more open house - and get more living room furniture;)
The kids table - instead of a baby cake we had a supreme brownie ice cream bar! I asked everyone to bring their favorite sprinkle topping and it turned out great. The kids of course LOVED it and it was a big hit with everyone else also!
Needless to say I am exhausted and my body aches - our feet hit the floor yesterday at 10am to clean a little and prepare and run errands and did not stop until 830 cleaning up and getting a DIRTY little boy put in bed! Now I get a little break until I have to get in the guest room and get it all set for Uncle Push who flies in tomorrow morning and stays until Sunday! We've got one excited little boy ready to swing with Uncle Push!

No comments: