Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day

I love Mother's Day! It's like your birthday because it's all about you and you get all sorts of 'loved on'! I am so thankful that Jeremy was back in town just in time for Mother's Day and that we got to spend the whole day together and do whatever we wanted - no time line, nothing to get back to.....just the 3 of us!
We spent the morning driving to Pismo Beach to eat at a local breakfast hole-in-the-wall - Penny's All American Cafe. Everyone raves about this place, and since breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day, this place definitely made my day. After breakfast and watching Jackson try to 'drink' the crayons in the cup instead of color with them, we went to a local park overlooking the Pacific. It was a beautiful day, in more ways than one.

Jackson 'driving' Jeremy

The sweet boy that made me a mommy

So happy

Who wouldn't want to play at this park? See in the ocean in the background?
Later in day we had friends over for dinner and socializing. Some friends that are stationed in Great Falls were down for work so we were able to share Kelly's first Mother's Day with her new 8 week old son. I had my camera out to take pictures of James, but unfortunately I couldn't keep my hands off that baby long enough to grab it. I forgot how small those little babies are....and so sweet! NOT DRINKING THE WATER! haha!





No comments: