Friday, May 8, 2009

1 month later!

YAY! Jeremy is coming home today! The only bad part is.....his flight doesn't get in until 7pm - it's going to be a LONG day!

He sent me this video of what they did at Minot AFB in North Dakota. I really don't get it....I mean, I kind of do but really I think you have to be in the middle of it all and thank goodness I'm not - ha ha! So here is the link to that video if you would like to watch. It is a pretty big deal in the Air Force/military world and the media was all over the place while this was going on.

One more thing before I start cleaning the house before our big departure for the night.....there is a terrible fire in Santa Barbara that started on Tuesday. At first they thought it might be under control but with mother nature and her winds(60 mph +) and triple digit heat, the hills of Santa Barbara are up in flames. The visibility down on the highway were down to 2 miles and so far 11 firefighters have been burned and sent to burn centers in Los Angeles. Tens of thousands of people have been under mandatory evacuation and 75+ homes have been destroyed. It doesn't seem like many homes, but the winds are constantly changing the direction of the flames and it could easily go right into the center of the city. I know there has not been much media coverage elsewhere, as my parents had not heard of these fires, but here it is all that is on TV. Santa Barbara is one of our favorite places to escape to, besides being beautiful, there is a lot to do there and everyone is friendly! Please keep these fires, families, and firefighters in your prayers. It was only a few short months ago that the Tea Fires were erupting in the hills of Santa Barbara, some of the exact same places that people were trying to rebuild their life after their homes were destroyed.

And just one more bit of news.....to end on some good news and congrats!

My cousin Lindsay and her husband Chad welcomed their little girl into the world on Tuesday. I can't wait to see Lilly Kate when we come home.....and pictures whenever someone sends me one!

My best friends Katie and Mike have officially announced that they are expecting on November 17th. Everyone thinks it is a girl....and so do I! They will be moving out of Great Falls and to another base hopefully before the baby arrives so this will be an exciting time for them.

Our other friends Dustin and Dawn, who were Mike and Katie's neighbors and Jeremy's old friend since college are also expecting their first sometime before the end of the year. Dustin and Jeremy have been stationed everywhere together, in the same squadron since they commissioned into the Air Force. And yes, they are here with us as he and Jeremy are both in Top Hand.

Other than those exciting babies on the way, we have others expecting this summer! Jamie and Collin are due in June, Pat and Melissa are expecting their second in June also, and Jeremy's 2 old friends from FE Warren are expecting: Stephanie in July and Jake and Jamie in less than a month! I am going to go BROKE with all these sweet babies! We can't wait to reunite in September for our good friends wedding and see all these babies. Our friends that are getting married also just had their sweet girl Marley about a month ago! It's in the water folks.....don't drink it if you aren't ready yet! My water is filtered;)

No comments: