Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yogurt, new toys, and a gopher....oh my!

Just a few of the things that are going on in the Gore household while Daddy is away!

Jackson has been wanting to practice his independence A LOT here lately so when he INSISTED on feeding himself his yogurt, I just put on a brave face and let him go at it.

He didn't do too bad of a job and ate most of it!

There was a base yard sale Saturday so we went to check it out. I'm looking for outdoor toys and when Jackson spotted this, he wouldn't stay out of it. I got it for $20 and it has the battery charger and everything. The only thing is, he isn't tall enough to reach the pedals and he KNOWS it goes so this has cause A LOT of frustration and tears! Now we are strictly a Jeep family!
Jackson playing in his water table....it was near 80 yesterday and right now the weather channel says it is 89 so we'll be outside all day!
Bo loves the water table too.....a giant water bowl!
We have a problem with gophers in our yard, as well as everyone else in our neighborhood. Lots of people put out traps that go in the gopher holes, but I'm not a fan of pulling dead rodents out of holes and having to dispose of them:( YUCK! So I let them live.....until I saw this one yesterday! We saw dirt coming out of the ground and then this thing.....

*CHECK OUT THOSE TEETH!*
So, I'm not sure what is going to happen but it isn't going to happen until Jeremy gets back home! They are destroying our yard with dirt holes and colonies under the shallow ground and I'm tired of it.

But these two.....they thought it was fun to watch him go in and peek his head back out with dirt! Good thing he didn't use those teeth on Bo's nose when he stuck it in that hole as far as he could!

No comments: