.........come while we are away in NC and leave when we come back to CA. It has rained every single day for a little more than a week. Needless to say the grass is extremely green....and needs to be cut. I have let Jackson loose in the backyard between rain showers just to get outside and play a little. It has also been quite chilly with temps not getting out of the 50's and into the 30's at night. I've been told this is rainy season in our neck of the woods and soon enough it'll be all over
Cold and windy
YAY.....SUNSHINE
Checking out the sprinkler parts

.
Jackson has become cautious going up and down steps. He always gets down on all fours to make the careful transition.
.
Jackson had his 15month check-up yesterday. We were hoping Jeremy would be back from his TDY in Colorado Springs to go with us but he landed just as we were leaving the clinic. So I had a crazy, non-stop toddler running everywhere and getting into everything and I was EXHAUSTED by the time we left. Here is how he checked out: weighs 23 pounds (30th percentile) and is 30.5 inches tall (37th percentile). He still has a big noggin and the pedictrician said he looks like a normal 15month old. We are going to get the flu shot when we get back, since flu season just hit here this week. I don't want to spend anymore sleepless nights checking on a sick baby so we'll play it safe....even though we don't play with too many other kids right now but those few we do have older siblings in school so there is always a chance.
Our friends Dustin and Dawn arrived in town last night from Great Falls. Dustin will be joining the Top Hand program that Jeremy works in and we are excited to have more "old" friends out here. Dustin and Jeremy have known each other since they were in college and have always been in the same squadron at the same time. I guess we are stuck together indefinitely;).
Tomorrow we leave for NC. All the laundry is done but my motivation to start packing still hasn't hit me! I can't wait to get there and wish we could skip the flying part. I've never had anxiety about flying but with planes landing in rivers and on top of houses, there is just a little part of me that isn't looking forward to our travels. I know we'll be fine though and Jackson will be a trooper and sleep the whole time:)
Hopefully I'll get a chance to post a blog or two while we are away but we'll see. If not there will definitely be lots of pictures to share when we return! Happy Presidents Day weekend!





No comments:
Post a Comment