Friday, December 12, 2008

Hanging around the house

Monday night our friends came over for The Best Lasagna Ever and to watch a movie. Our friend Steve, aka Dusky, is here for training and will leave in a week, after spending 6 weeks away from his family who just moved to The Cape from being stationed with us in Montana. He has 3 partially grown kids of his own and is a "big" kid himself, although he isn't much bigger than a 4th grader - just kidding. Anyway, he brought over his ukulele to play and for Jackson to try out. Jackson loved it and really played it. Since he loves to play the drums and now the ukulele, I know he is destined to be a famous rock star.


concentrating really hard....until he drops the pic inside


Since Jackson has become much more mobile, we make sure to close all the doors to the rooms that he would get the most trouble in. That includes bathrooms, where toilet lids are never down and his hands sneak into to play in the water, and the office where there are too many cords and outlets for him to electrocute himself with. So this pretty much leaves our room, his room, and the kitchen. He has been going into his room and playing with toys, and then when it gets really quiet, I find him in his baby bouncy seat. I use this seat to store his stuffed animals..... that is until Jackson decides he wants to sit down and then he throws all the animals on the floor and climbs in and starts trying to bounce himself.
Jackson loves to carry tubes of stuff. Normally this is diaper rash cream or other things that we don't use regularly. Here lately, he has been exploring everything with his diaper rash cream. We even had to go on a walk with a tube of Balmex the other day. Guess it's a good thing to have just in case a coyote decides to get too close - ha ha!




I get a lot of this... pointing. Especially at stuff he wants to touch. In this case, it is my camera.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Jackson is wise beyond his years, I mean who knows when you might need some balmex. I think hes just trying to be prepared for anything...

Crina

Anonymous said...

Please remove that scarlett and grey shirt from my nephew's wardrobe and burn it. Thanks

Jody