Sunday, September 7, 2008

We've got a crawler

Well ladies and gents, the time has finally arrived. The time that I've been waiting and waiting for but didn't want to rush it. The time has come that I can no longer sit Jackson down and look back and he is still in the same place playing. Oh no.....we've got a crawler, and a fast one at that. It all started the day before he turned 10 months, right on time according to the pediatrician. We were playing down at Papa Joe and Mama Lu's house and everyone was encouraging this behavior. He could get up on all fours and rock but not quite take off. Not until his beloved mommy (that would be ME) put out her hands and he crawled right in them. Aaaahhhh.....the moments that life is worth living for! But now, there isn't any sitting around for me and Jeremy. We are up and right behind him making sure he isn't picking things up off the floor and putting in his mouth. Making sure he doesn't stick his fingers in the light sockets and pulling cords from electronics and gnawing on them. We all are very excited about this new phase of his life, but I'm a little sad that my little baby boy is growing up so fast now. In just a few months I'm sure he'll be walking and then running and then not listening and then......

well, I guess I won't rush it but wait for that time to come. Until then, here are some pictures of the little man taking off!

No comments: