In Great Falls and throughout Montana you will often see women and young girls wearing these funny looking bonnets with white polka dots and black background on their head and men that are in dark pants and often times off-white hats...structure like cowboy hats. They travel in big groups, or as many as they can pack into either a school bus, 15 passenger van, or big pick-up trucks like F250s. They can't drive, they are notorious for stealing, and they bake the best bread you've ever had...and chickens and eggs and turkeys.....
Anyway, they LOVE people with blonde hair and blue eyes and want all of the children to look like these folks. So don't ya think that our family gets lots of strange looks from this group - umm....YEAH. I know they have offered men with these traits money to help bring these beautiful(haha) offspring to their group, without the men seeing the young ladies that they are uh....doing the deed with.
Today as me and Jackson walked from Ross to Bed Bath and Beyond, we walked right past a herd of these Hutterites, which I'm very used to, as they used to be patients in the chiropractic office quite regularly and filled our waiting area to capacity. They saw Jackson and immediately started walking towards us, as I so badly wanted to run but didn't want to look like a complete idiot. So I stopped as they asked questions about him and I am so thankful that he was strapped in nice and tight. One lady pulled is paci out of his mouth and I was thinking, holy crap...how do I polietly say DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN...but before I knew it she was kissing him....KISSING A BABY THAT DOESN'T BELONG TO HER! OMG....I about flipped out and rushed off. Immediately I tried to call everyone in Great Falls that knew who these people are but of course no one answered. What the heck were they thinking? Stunned, I pulled it together, bought some hand sanatizer and cleaned Jackson's face and paci. I mean seriously, what would you have done?
To learn more about these group, click HERE!
And there is more HERE. I couldn't find a pic of our group of Hutterites in Great Falls.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
thank god you are getting out of there...thats so weird!
C
WOW, Now that I have learned about the Huttes, I think I may try to befriend them. I mean, I don;t have any other friends starting now- My baby's gone, your gone.... yep I'm going to become a hutterite.kt
you're- i hate bad grammarkt
Post a Comment