Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Snow .....could be Winter or Summer in MT

Ok...so I know that technically it is still spring for another week and a half but we are having flashbacks of winter here in Montana. We are under a heavy snow warning through tomorrow evening and so far we have barely broken the 80's this spring. I know elsewhere in the US, mainly in the east, it is really hot and sunny and everyone is complaining. However, if someone would like to have a house swap, I would LOVE to get in the heat for at least a couple of days. Days like these past few are just depressing and boring.......
Right Bo!
We've been spending our days inside playing and Jackson loves to sit in his crib and play for a while....at least long enough for me to get a shower and put my face on...even though we aren't going anywhere. We aren't using much gas this week. In fact, we haven't left the house today and tomorrow we are only venturing out as far as the post office, only because we have to mail out father's day gifts.
I mean, how much fun does this crib look? I would love to jump in!
Last weekend, starting Thursday (as previously posted) was BUSY! Our MS cookout was AWESOME. I think Katie and her boss raised just under $1700 in one night! That was unbelievable and everyone had a great time. I was surprised at how many people from Air Force came out and they were some of the last folks to leave. It was a great time. Katie hosted a jewelry party on Friday and even though I was determined not to buy anything, I broke down and bought a pair of earrings. I had been eyeing them for a long time and this was the opportunity to buy. Can't wait to have somewhere to wear them too! The Farmers Market was a great way to spend a chilly Saturday morning although most of the produce isn't out yet. Jackson took in all the "different" people and me and Katie just looked through all the vendors....I've got my eye on a cute tie-dye piece for Jackson - he'll blend right in when we get to California. OH, and the highlight of the weekend was having a girls night out Saturday night going to see Sex and the City. I was so giddy and excited and clapped at the end and wanted to turn around and watch it again. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can add it to the collection. Sunday we took it easy and chilled. I can't wait for this weekend - not that we have anything planned but it's supposed to get into the lower 70's so hopefully we can hang out outside. The pool on base opened last weekend but still not warm enough to jump in quite yet. Maybe in July!

No comments: