This is how everyone was fairing after our long walk today. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL outside today so we decided to take our walk early in the day while it was still cool enough, because this afternoon its going to be in the 80's and tomorrow for our MS walk, its going to be in the 90's! Lots of water and sunscreen and for Jackson, the littlest amount of clothing possible.
This weekend, this weekend! Well, so far today I've seen people fall out the back of a huge helicopter and hopefully land safely on the ground. Today they should be practicing for the airshow which I'm SO EXCITED for. When I was growing up, my dad would pack up the whole family and we would go from air base to air base watching air shows during the summer weekends. It was so exciting to see all the fighter jets and hear the loud sounds of the jets performing overhead. We have plenty of embarrassing pictures of me and my brother posing inside of jets with the helmets on going through that awkward puberty stage in middle school. Maybe dad had me trained to grow up and marry someone in the Air Force - needless to say he isn't a pilot, thank goodness because the guy can't see his hand in front of his face without contacts - but hopefully he can see the switch to launch missles in California - ha ha!Last year on the day before the air show, the Canadian Snowbirds were practicing and unfortunately we witnessed one of the jets crash on the base, luckily away from anyone, and the jet was torn to pieces and the pilot died. He was just a little older than us and was getting married that summer. I just feel sad for his family and fiance and I will be thinking about them as I watch their jets perform this year and hope nothing tragic happens this weekend. Here is the article talking about it last year.
I'm sure I'll have pictures to post later this weekend. Hope everyone else has a sunny weekend and enjoys the fresh air. I know we will!
No comments:
Post a Comment