Since I was early into my pregnancy, I have been addicted to Babycenter.com, a community on the internet for new and expectant parents. You become a member of your childs birth month board, and support one another throughout pregnancy and parenthood. Anyway, one of the post started recently was, list the top 10 things you would want others to know about you. I started to list things and post on the board, and then thought that I would also post it here, for people to get to know me better. I should probably do this every week or so, because obviously there are way more than 10 things that I would want others to know about me, but this blog is about Jackson - not me. So anyway - here are a few things about me that you may not know, and feel free to share a thing or two about you that I may not know. Happy hump day - now that it is over for the east coast!
10 things about me:
1 – I’m a first time, stay-at-home mom to my precious little pumpkin Jackson, who was born Nov 2.
2 – My husband and I will celebrate our first date, 8 years ago, on Valentine’s day – married for 4 years in May. I was a freshman in college and he was a sophomore.
3 – I am from NC and miss my friends and family terribly, but being married to an officer in the Air Force and traveling and living all over the country is very exciting and something I’ve always wanted to do.
4 – I have a passion to work with Special needs kids, with a degree for it, but absolutely do not want to teach – just hang out with one or two everyday and help them learn about life while I learn about life through them. Ahhh....dream jobs!
5 – I have only 2 good friends where I live now – one was a co-worker, the other is my best friend from NC who met her husband while visiting me. We’ve been friends since middle school and were college roommates for 2 years.
6 – My brother is in a fairly well-known band, popular with the late teen – early twenty year old age group. They have a record deal with a division of Columbia Records and have been published several times in Rolling Stone and Spin Magazine. I’m a very proud big sis!
7 – I love the beach and the mountains, but have only lived “very-near” the mountains, however, that is about to change in a couple of months when we will be moving to CA and basically live on the beach – YAY!
8 – I enjoy drinking good, but cheap, red and white wine and expensive beer.
9 – I’m pretty shy, always have been, but come across as stuck up and snotty. I’m not; it just takes a little while for me to warm up and to check out a potential friendship to make sure I’m not going to be hurt in the future. What can I say? - I’m a sensitive person with a sarcastic sense of humor.
10 - I think about my late Papa very often and I don’t know that I have completed the grieving process, or ever will, even though he died 11 years ago. We were very close but I don’t believe I knew how close until his passing. When his wife, my Mema, dies that process will be twice as hard and long.
1 – I’m a first time, stay-at-home mom to my precious little pumpkin Jackson, who was born Nov 2.
2 – My husband and I will celebrate our first date, 8 years ago, on Valentine’s day – married for 4 years in May. I was a freshman in college and he was a sophomore.
3 – I am from NC and miss my friends and family terribly, but being married to an officer in the Air Force and traveling and living all over the country is very exciting and something I’ve always wanted to do.
4 – I have a passion to work with Special needs kids, with a degree for it, but absolutely do not want to teach – just hang out with one or two everyday and help them learn about life while I learn about life through them. Ahhh....dream jobs!
5 – I have only 2 good friends where I live now – one was a co-worker, the other is my best friend from NC who met her husband while visiting me. We’ve been friends since middle school and were college roommates for 2 years.
6 – My brother is in a fairly well-known band, popular with the late teen – early twenty year old age group. They have a record deal with a division of Columbia Records and have been published several times in Rolling Stone and Spin Magazine. I’m a very proud big sis!
7 – I love the beach and the mountains, but have only lived “very-near” the mountains, however, that is about to change in a couple of months when we will be moving to CA and basically live on the beach – YAY!
8 – I enjoy drinking good, but cheap, red and white wine and expensive beer.
9 – I’m pretty shy, always have been, but come across as stuck up and snotty. I’m not; it just takes a little while for me to warm up and to check out a potential friendship to make sure I’m not going to be hurt in the future. What can I say? - I’m a sensitive person with a sarcastic sense of humor.
10 - I think about my late Papa very often and I don’t know that I have completed the grieving process, or ever will, even though he died 11 years ago. We were very close but I don’t believe I knew how close until his passing. When his wife, my Mema, dies that process will be twice as hard and long.





No comments:
Post a Comment