Monday, June 4, 2007
Wait it out!
So we're all just going to have to wait it out for another two weeks UNFORTUNATELY! We were hoping to find out yesterday or today what "jibba" is - boy or girl - but the timing up at the hospital is not on our side! Everyone decided to have a baby this weekend - probably the full moon working it's magic - so they didn't have room to squeeze us in! Believe me - if I could've laid in the middle of the hallway with the ultrasound machine, I would have! I am so ready to go shopping for this baby - it's driving me CRAZY! So we'll still take bets on what it is - today I'm leaning towards girl but Jeremy is SO convinced it's a boy - we'll have to do some old wives tails or something to have some fun guessing while we wait - there's one about a ring on a string and it circling over the belly?.....I don't know but if you've heard of one, let me know and we'll try it! Today I'm 18 weeks - 4 1/2 months - TIME IS FLYING BY! The baby is the length of a sweet potato for comparison so Grammie Gore can go out in the factory and grab one and put it on her desk and think of it as her grandchild - ha ha! Well, until we know some more news, let me know some tricks to finding out what jibba is! Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
i really need to know what color scheme im working with for the party...im still thinking blue! can't wait to find out! i know you and jerm can't either.
I don't know - I am kind of leaning towards a girl this week. OK - here are some old wives tales:
- if you crave sweets it's a girl and if you crave sours it's a boy
- if your right breast is larger it's a boy
- if you carry the baby high it is a girl and low is a boy
- Put a ring on the end of a string and hold it over your belly - if it swings back & forth it is a boy and if it moves in a circle it is a girl
- and the last one that medical science tends to agree with - if the heartrate is above 140 it is a girl and below 140 it is a boy
there is also another one about mixing the mother's urine with drano but that one sounds kind or dangerous.
Have fun!!!
Hey- not sure about the drano thing your momma wrote- sounds interesting. I can't believe you are having a baby. It was just yesterday that you were twirling and cheering! I am so excited for you! As far as figuring out what you are having, I didn't find out with Hannah or Holly(I figured I needed a reason to push right?) Anyways, Uncle Darryl swore they were both boys and I carried different with each. Try to stay unbored! It won't be long before you don't have time for sitting!
love you!
jen
Post a Comment