Yesterday morning we were without power from 7 - 1pm........there is only so much you can do with a 2 1/2 year old while the power is out. By 12 we had enough of sitting and playing and not understanding why you can't watch Spongebob(thank goodness for that) or stand with the refrigerator door wide open and just looking inside. So we went to an event on base that was made for boys......and some not-so-girly-girls.
Touch a Truck was exactly that....there were all sorts of machinery and military trucks and equipment that the kids could climb inside, honk horns and make lights light up.
This is a truck that holds, transports and puts into place the top/(end?) of the missile that Jeremy's squadron launches. Jackson calls it a rocket but he was confused as to where it was....but this was deemed the 'rocket truck.'

The inside of a swat vehicle/tank/something bullet proof. Can't you tell I had no idea what anything was?!

No idea what this was but this guy was REAL excited about showing it off.....little did he know that all the kids in line were really there to get suckers that he was handing out;)

This is a back hoe.....I'm pretty sure! Jackson was all about it!
We also saw firetrucks - that Jackson did not want to get in - and an ambulance. Wouldn't you know that when I saw the ambulance part of my memory came back immediately about getting into one at the Lompoc Hospital to be transported to Santa Barbara! I remember them switching my oxygen over to their tank and being rolled into the back. In the middle of the night while feeding Jennings last night I suddenly remembered staring out the back of the ambulance at the cars we were passing by.....I don't remember hearing sirens or anything. though. It's so weird to see something and automatically part of my memory comes back. Now if only something would trigger my memory about giving birth and that whole process. But then again maybe I don't want to remember.....except for seeing Jennings for the first time!





No comments:
Post a Comment