Well.....it's official.....the recession hit home and now my dad is a stay at home dad......to their dog Lily. Today was my dad's last day of work with the same company he has been with since he graduated high school. Going on 32 years of service with Time Warner, his day ended this morning and he had to catch a ride in a taxi back home after dropping off his work truck......which I find H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S - especially since they had to pay the 60 some dollars to take him home. Luckily he is not too upset about it but it definitely breaks up his day-to-day routine that he has done for so long. SO.....I guess he'll get to sleep in, read the morning paper with his coffee, and lounge around all day. But if you know my dad at all, you know that he can't sit still for more than an hour around the house before he is up and out the door doing something in the yard. Good luck dad with finding another job.....hopefully this next one will be a little more easy on ya old man! ha ha!
My father-in-law is also out of a job and has been since June. Times are tough and hopefully both of these guys will be able to find something soon. If not.....I guess we'll have to have them out here to live with us and be our live-in grandpa's?!?!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment