Really I just want to post this for me to remember with Jackson when he grows up that he was here and apart of a historical year....a historical month. He was due on this day last year - which would make for a not very kid-fun first birthday party. I'm am not a hugely political person. I don't like really talking about it and I don't like to talk anyone down that does not believe in the same things I do. We all have opinions and either way, whoever you vote for, we were all voting for a change and I think that was what this country needed. I am excited to have Barack Obama as our President and I'm excited for the change that is going to happen in this country. John McCain would have also brought that change and just because he didn't win, I don't think people should be so sour. I just don't get it. Why are people saying that they are going to pack up and leave the country if who they voted for doesn't win? I've heard this on both sides. We still live in the best country in the world and at least we have the honor and opportunity to be able to vote and voice our opinion. I'm am proud of all the Americans that went to vote....what a record-breaking number that showed up to exercise their right! What a historical time that we live in and are able to witness. I just hope that our children continue to have the same rights that we have a take advantage of it. I hope the country is better for them because of our choices that we make for them now.
What a time that we live in....think of the history and how far we've come since the times that women and minority's were allowed to vote. How exciting!





No comments:
Post a Comment