Oh what a good car you were. We've shared many wonderful memories together...many "firsts" together. You've taken me many places, near and far and never let me down. You surprised me in my driveway in Knightdale and we drove back to school proudly, showing you off and taking everyone for a ride. You always volunteered to drive and we went on many road trips. We went down south to Charleston before Jeremy left for California. We went as far north as Richmond in the middle of the night to go camping with a bunch of crazies for the Dave Matthews concert at UVA. We've driven away from my childhood home with parents crying in the driveway when we moved to Wyoming, driving across the country. You've gone gambling in Las Vegas(don't worry, we came out even) and camping in Montana and Colorado - oh how we thought you were a 4x4...thanks for hanging in there. You've picked up a best friend in Spokane, WA and drove back there to drop her off. You've never been hurt in an accident...well, besides the neighbors dropping an entertainment center on your side but you faired well. We've never been pulled over by a cop for anything because you always seemed to sense when to slow down. You have kept me and my family safe and I really appreciate it. We have decided that you should make your home in Montana to a young airman that is probably the same age I was when you came into my life. Hopefully you'll treat him as well as you did me and hopefully he'll return the favor.
And Jackson can finally order for himself at the Mexican restaurant.
He's growing up so fast!





3 comments:
Now I'm the one sheading a tear.
Love,
Mom
I remember when you got that car, and we weren't allowed to get in it without kicking the dirt off our feet first!
I think you forgot one accident that car did get into...Ill give you a hint, the driveway at wyndham circle...:)
Crina
Oops....I did back into Corina's car. But it was in my blind spot AND raining really hard so I couldn't see it! Just rubbed some paint off my bumper....not so lucky for Corina's driver door;) So if the new guy is reading, it was fixed....4 years later!
Post a Comment