Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I *heart* Paula Deen!

Ok, we have enjoyed 2 new recipes since the last post and I'm here to give a review and the link to the recipes. On Monday night, we tried Paula Deans Wild Rice and Shrimp Casserole recipe. It was so simple and delicious. We both enjoyed left overs the next day for lunch and we will definitely be trying that one again.

Tonight we joined back up with our bestest southern gal-pal and we made her Chicken Georgia. This was very simple and really, not anything special that I couldn't have thought of myself, but I didn't and so we tried the recipe. Very tasty and instead of using all that butter that she LOVES, I used extra virgin olive oil and I also minced one clove of garlic and threw it in with the onions and mushrooms. We had brown rice and steamed zucchini with it and it was fabulous!

Up next, probably one of the weekend nights, we are going to have Garden Full of Goodness Lasagna. I'm really excited about this, and I know Jeremy will enjoy helping me chop up all of the ingredients. But he is already complaining about there not being any meat in this dish, so we'll see how it goes. I'm going to follow the recipe this time and then see about adding in some meat, maybe ground turkey or something.

I know this is supposed to be a baby blog, so I'll tell you that Jackson is rolling over from his back to his side and staying there. If only he could get that darn arm out of the way, then he'd be on his tummy. But so far we haven't had anymore rolling over from the tummy to back direction. I have a feeling that with him already getting his knees up under him and "scootin'", he is going to crawl before he rolls again. He's just not that interested and is pretty content now on his tummy. Oh well, I can't make him roll over - it just doesn't count.

ok - I'll write again this weekend about the recipe. In the meantime, if anyone has a good one that they would like to share, please, by all means, give me some ideas. I've already gotten some good ones from my friend who LOVES to entertain and cook and is so creative in the kitchen(shout out - *queena), so give me some more! Happy hump day.....well to everyone on mountain and pacific time - it's past time for you easterners!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who could not possibly be obscessed with Paula Dean. YOu guys missed the Apple Cranberry stuffed pork loin at Christmas.